04 Sep DIY the «besace» bag
A new type of handbag, beautiful and practical to take a few useful stuff: I call it the «the besace bag» ! It has a shoulder strap and a movable flap on the front. Here is the step by step tutorial….
To make you besace bag, you’ll need :
You can choose cloths of fabrics in the material you like: faux leather, coated, cotton,….
- For the lining : 2 cloths of 30x24cm
- For the flap : 2 clothes of 30x24cm and 70cm of piping
- For the main part : 2 clothes of 35x27cm
- For the strap : I chose a length of 65cm to have it close to me
- Pattern to download here>
Step 1 : the cloths
Transfer the pieces of the pattern and cut you cloths of fabric.
Step 2 : the flap
Take the two cloths of the flap.
On the first, place the piping by means of a pin or clip and make a straight stitch. On the second place the snap fastener.
Overlap afterwards the two pieces with right sides facing and make a seam by going through the piping. Clip the round edges en turn it: the flap is ready.